Postie allows you to create a post by simply sending an email. Create and edit your email in whatever email program you use. Click send and within a few minutes you have a new post! Postie has been downloaded 254,522 times, 7,481 in the last 30 days.
Postie offers many advanced features for posting to your site by email which are a big improvement over the built in Post by Email functionality.
Current Version: 1.6.8
Last Updated: November 14, 2014
- Supports IMAP or POP3 servers
- SSL and TLS supported
- Control who gets to post via email
- Set defaults for category, status, post format, post type and tags.
- Set title, category, status, post format, post type, date, comment control and tags in email to override defaults.
- Specify post excerpt (including excerpt only images).
- Use plain text or HTML version of email.
- move headers and footers from email (useful for posting from a mailing list).
- Optionally send emails on post success/failure.
- Control the types of attachments that are allowed by file name (wildcards allowed) and MIME type.
- Optionally make the first image the featured image.
- Gallery support.
- Control image placement with plain text email.
- Templates for images so they look the way you want.
- Templates for videos.
- Templates for audio files.
- Templates for other attachments.
- Email replies become comments.
This solution is perfect since my client - is never on a desktop but is always on his smart phone - even while on the boat. He needed an easy way to post the whale sightings of the day. I tried setting him up with the mobile version of wordpress to make posts but he got very frustrated. Looks like having him simply email from his phone instead will work great - Thanks for building it.!