- Fixed cron issue
- Fixed issue where other plugins were not getting file type of attachment
- Moved help and FAQ to postieplugin.com
- Allow negative time corrections
- Fix links to settings page
- Misc minor UI updates
Postie 1.6 has been released. This is the first in a series of significant internal improvements to make sure Postie is doing things “the WordPress way” and to allow easier Add On creation.
New Cron URL
Remote cron jobs need to update the URL used to kick off a manual email check. The new URL is http://<mysite>/wp-cron.php
Accessing http://<mysite>/wp-content/plugins/postie/get_mail.php will now receive a 403 error and a message stating what the new URL should be.
- Updated remote cron url to be more compatible with WordPress
- The Postie menu has been moved out of the Settings menu to the top level
- Tested with WordPress 4.0
Sep 18, 2014
This addon will remove all text from an email (headers, footers, signatures) leaving just the images. Check it out.
You can now integrate Geolocation and Geolocation Plus plugins with Postie. This addon allows you to specify a latitude and longitude in your email and a map with a location pin will be added to the post. Check it out.
You can now integrate Open Street Maps (OSM) with Postie. This addon allows you to specify a latitude and longitude in your email and OSM can generate a map with pins for each post. Check it out.
Check out the great article on WPExplorer How to Publish WordPress Blog Posts via Email.
- Fix attachment renaming bug
- Test with WordPress 3.9.2
- Remove PEAR/PEAR5 dependency which was causing errors on some systems
- Call wp_handle_upload_prefilter before adding images to WP
- Temporary new post is now draft status.
- Fix missing attachments for html messages