This is a major technical release which moves away from the php-imap library and gives you the choice of connecting to the mail server via sockets (default) or curl (required for WPEngine hosted sites).
There are a lot of improvements besides the connection options:
- New icon set thanks to Chris Lacey
- php-imap replaced by cURL and Socket connection – work sponsored by xsell.net
- TLS automatically detected, setting removed
- Ignore mail state no longer supported, setting removed
- Header array in filter_email3 and postie_post_before filters have changed format
- Fixed paragraph detection in plain text when removing newlines
- Removed old partially functioning forward detection logic
- Transform “[cid:xxx-xx-xx]” references gmail adds to image references.
- Add new filter: postie_post_pre that runs after the email is parsed, but before any changes are made.
- Fixed improper decoding of encoded headers when multiple ‘encoded-words’ are present.
- Fix to allow multiple #img# reference to the same image.
- The default video 1 template is now ‘vshortcode’
- New option: Text fallback. Falls back to plain if html is blank and vice versa.
- Support removing featured image from html
- Gallery shortcode handling is now correct when there are both images and non-images.