Lots of fixes and compatibility with WordPress 3.5.
- Fixed bug where having a colon in the subject caused the subject to get truncated
- Added donation link to admin screen
- Fixed bug where #img# captions with double-byte characters were not working
- Fixed bug where default settings were corrupt
- Fixed several bugs in tag detection logic
- Fixed bug where non-base64 and non-quoted-printable sections were not converted to utf-8
- Fixed bug where the end filter wasn’t removed from the post
- Add additional logging to attachment upload process
- Changes to support WP 3.5
Still tightening things up. Fixed some new bugs and some old bugs.
- Fixed warning when there is no subject
- Removed all script and style tags from HTML content in place of XSS warning
- Removed XSS warning
- Fixed bug where post type was not being detected if only case is different
- Fixed bug with custom post type and leading spaces in the subject
- Fixed bug where custom fields were not being populated for images
Another maintenance release, this one focused on better non-English support and inline images.
- Fixed bug where date, author, etc didn’t get set.
- Fixed bug where Postie was treating attached images as strings
- Fixed bug where inline images were not being attached correctly
- Fixed bug where the subject was not being decoded correctly if the charset was different from the system charset
- Fixed bug where base64 strings were being double decoded.
This maintenance release fixes the following issues:
- fix collisions with simple_html_dom
- fix bug when trying to get file name from MIME part
- fix bug causing Cannot modify header information warning
So it turns out that Postie is a complex beast and I’m still learning all the nooks and crannies. 1.4.7 fixes a bug where some of the schedules didn’t work.
Thanks to everyone who asked a question or requested a feature on the forums.
Lots of small changes in this release. The big one is making the XSS check a warning rather than aborting the post as there were too many false positives.
- Changed XSS check to only emit warning until a better solution can be developed
- Fixed bug where authorized addresses were being checked with case sensitive rather than insensitive.
- Started using PHP Simple HTML DOM Parser http://simplehtmldom.sourceforge.net/
- Started process of logging all error messages to the log as well as the page (where appropriate)
- Fixed bug where “Preferred Text Type” was not displaying the saved value in settings page.
- Fixed bug where Postie was wiping out all other cron schedules.
- Fixed a number of missing internationalization strings (no translations added however)
- Added documentation for the comments: command
- Added feature to specify a custom post type in the subject line. Thanks to Raam Dev http://raamdev.com for his code.
- Removed a number of deprecated WordPress functions.
- Fixed numerous warning messages
- Added phpUnit tests
- Allow wp-config.php to be in alternate location as described here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress#Securing_wp-config.php
- Fix a bug that didn’t replace the #img# tags correctly.
PostiePlugin.com is now live along with the switch to Wayne Allen as the primary maintainer. Thanks to Rob Felty for working this project since 2008!