- Organizational changes in prep for move to more OO approach
- Fix error when time offset is negative.
- Ensure date set to current date when configured
- Compatibility testing with WordPress 4.7.4
- Ensure the time zone is set when calculating the post time.
- Additional debug output
- Update postie_notify_error to be less noisy.
- Remove DateTimeImmutable references to be compatible with old versions of PHP
Postie 1.8.36 was released today with the following changes
- Allow user to specify a IMAP folder (supplied by Alejandro Liu)
- New setting “use time offset” which controls whether or not the postie time offset is applied.
- New setting “ignore_email_date” which controls whether or not the email “from” date is used.
- New setting “Notify on Error” to control who gets notified on significant errors.
- Email admins on some errors
- Improvement to post date handling
- Fix bug when parsing headers that have multiple encoded sections
- Fix postie_file_added action
Specify an IMAP folder
Alejandro Liu provided a nice enhancement to allow you to specify a IMAP folder to check other than the INBOX.
To use, when entering the username, for the IMAP account, you append the folder name to it using a “/”.
For example, if the user is ‘email@example.com’, if you want to use a different folder (like EXAMPLE), you would configure the user to be ‘firstname.lastname@example.org/EXAMPLE’.
In addition to some internal date math improvements 2 new settings have been added to allow more control over how dates are handled.
The standard date handling for Postie is to take the date from the email and apply the delay (if any specified in the email) then apply the Postie offset.
You can now ignore the Postie offset with the “Use Postie Time Correction” setting. With this setting set to “No” the timezone set in your Settings::General menu will be respected.
Additionally you can now also ignore the date in the email and use the system date instead. The “Ignore Email Date” setting controls this.
There are a few errors that cause confusion on a regular basis. Postie will now email all the administrators when one of these errors happens. You can control these emails with the new “Notify on Error” setting. You can disable these emails, send them to all administrators or pick a single administrator to receive them.
These emails are sent if there is a error that impacts a post in some significant way such as: database errors, banned files, failed to add media, unsupported MIME types and temp file issues.
Encoded Subject Lines
Postie now parses encoded email headers (like subject lines) according to RFC 2047. Previously there were a few edge cases that were not being parsed correctly resulting in extra spaces in odd places.
You can download the last 35 releases of Postie here in case you need to roll back for some reason.
- 1.9.4 - download
- 1.9.3 - download
- 1.9.2 - download
- 1.9.1 - download
- 1.8.45 - download
- 1.8.44 - download
- 1.8.43 - download
- 1.8.42 - download
- 1.8.41 - download
- 1.8.40 - download
- 1.8.39 - download
- 1.8.38 - download
- 1.8.37 - download
- 1.8.36 - download
- 1.8.35 - download
- 1.8.34 - download
- 1.8.33 - download
- 1.8.32 - download
- 1.8.31 - download
- 1.8.30 - download
- 1.8.29 - download
- 1.8.28 - download
- 1.8.27 - download
- 1.8.26 - download
- 1.8.25 - download
- 1.8.24 - download
- 1.8.23 - download
- 1.8.22 - download
- 1.8.21 - download
- 1.8.20 - download
- 1.8.19 - download
- 1.8.18 - download
- 1.8.17 - download
- 1.8.16 - download
- 1.8.15 - download
- 1.8.14 - download
- 1.8.13 - download
- Check for blank image file extension and replace with mime subtype to get around new filetype checking in WordPress 4.7.2 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39550
- Additional logging of message and part headers
- Fix base64 header decoding so trailing space isn’t removed
- Fix header decoding to remove extra utf-8 byte order mark
- Add current WordPress time to logging
- Fix bug when sending reject email
- New setting “Remove matched categories” allows category specifiers to remain in post title.
- New filter postie_cleanhtml to determine if Postie should clean up the html or if some other AddOn will do it.
- Specifically call out public methods